Re: Knoppix 5.01 in a VMware virtual machine (can also be used as a very fast free X server for windows)

Hallo,

> Hi,
>
> David Baron a écrit :
> [...]
>
> > KDE will not start but simpler desktops work very nicely.
>
> I've recently run Knoppix with Qemu on Windows and KDE starts.
>
> Hardware was Intel Dual Core (Pentium D ?) with 1Go Ram, running KNOPPIX
> from CD-Rom and then with fromhd using a Qemu hard disk image.

qemu should be started with "-m 256", by default it uses just 128MB RAM. Maybe that is why kde does not start. (You should of course have more than 256 MB or swap [very slow] to use this;-)

Have a nice evening!

Achim

--
I n g e n i e u r b ü r o   H A U