Re: Re: any chance of improved xorg configuration?

Responding to several of the comments:

A new cheatcode would allow using an existing working xorg.conf the first time Knoppix is booted, without the need for creating a persistent home or saving a configuration. So I think it would add functionality. The other solutions proposed may work, but they require more setup.

The other possibility is to just change the way Knoppix configures xorg. Since kubuntu at the moment seems to do this better than Knoppix, at least in some cases (I have no idea how general this is), one possibility would be to try to transplant the kubuntu live CD xorg setup. I'm guessing this wouldn't be hard, but I haven't looked at it.

One thing that has bugged me is that vga out on portables does not work on first boot, without messing around. This is a problem when you want to use Knoppix for presentations with a data projector. If you could make knoppix use a known good xorg.conf file, this problem is solved.

I'm just spinning out ideas, for the moment. I'm only interested in making modifications if Klaus is interested, since I can already solve my own problems pretty easily.