Problem with correct monitor definition

I bought an LG L1952TX yesterday and was counting on Knoppix to
provide the monitor and screen sections for my system. Unfortunately,
even when I ask for knoppix screen=1280x1024 -- and I rechecked
closely the option for typos -- the maximum definition I get is
1152x864.

The monitor is identified as a GSM4ae6, GSM being the vendor name, of
the panel, I suppose. PCLinuxOS identifies the monitor as a L1952TX
and sets it up correctly. Of course, PCLinuxOS also has its own weird
problems. So switching is not an option.

I also noticed that the search fonction (CTRL+F) doesn't work in
Firefox. Of course, I still can't set up my printer. (I already
explained this.)

With this new monitor, I suppose the URL window of Firefox would be
much more readable, even at 1280x1024. That's the difference between
Windows and Linux, I guess. In Linux, some freaks with good monitors
and good eyes tell themselves they can read the URL, so it's OK.
Microsoft checks what kind of monitors are still on the market and
adapts fonts accordingly. Anyway, there's absolutely no advantage in
setting up smaller fonts when the URL window could handle much larger
ones. Some people who are nearly blind use computers!

That's why Linux is about to make it on the desktop for... what is it
now, the fifth consecutive year? What's the joke?

Yes, I know, I'm not a developer. I shouldn't be saying this. I'm a
ranter. I want to destroy Linux! Sorry, Linux is really great! It
beats Windows hands down in every domain.

Sorry, sorry, sorry... is something I never had to say when I was a
beta testers for Windows software projects, both shareware and
commercial. In all cases, except one where I never had any feeback
and things weren't getting fixed just as in Linux (the company was
soon sold for next to nothing), things really worked out.

But there's absolutely nothing wrong with Linux and its development
model. Everything is perfect. My concerns are suits concerns, not
developers'. And developers opinions is all that matters. They're
having fun! Questioning is out of the question. Alleluia!