Knoppix 5.0.1 kernel include header files do not match running kernel ?

Hello,
I am trying to create a vm (VMware virtual machine) with Knoppix 5.0.1.
In order to get better performances, I need to install the vm tools
which
require the kernel include header files to compile a new kernel module.
When running the vmware guest tools install I get thi error message:
"The Kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have
the same address space size as your running kernel"
[/usr/src/linux/include]
Does this mean that the Knoppix 5.0.1 kernel include
header files do not match running kernel ?
Can someone help ?
Thanks,
Gilles van Ruymbeke