Re: Knoppix 5.0.1 kernel include header files do not match running kernel ?

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 07:53:16PM -0700, Gilles van Ruymbeke wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to create a vm (VMware virtual machine) with Knoppix 5.0.1.
> In order to get better performances, I need to install the vm tools
> which
> require the kernel include header files to compile a new kernel module.
> When running the vmware guest tools install I get thi error message:
> "The Kernel defined by this directory of header files does not have
> the same address space size as your running kernel"
> [/usr/src/linux/include]
> Does this mean that the Knoppix 5.0.1 kernel include
> header files do not match running kernel ?

The kernel includes that are present on both, the 5.0.1 DVD and CD,
match the kernel that's installed and running on Knoppix. Could it be
that you used a different compiler than the one on Knoppix, for
compiling? That's about the only reason I could think of that could
cause this error message.

On the DVD, the full kernel source is included in /usr/src/, on the CD
there are only the headers.