Re: kanotix

When you get to the install window (i.e. the popup after you hit "install selected"), one of the option boxes is "allow unauthenticated". Clicking that should solve your problem.

The other solution would be to download the appropriate gpg/pgp keys that were used to sign the associated packages (( something currently beyond my knowledge ))

Mitchell Brown wrote:
Hi,

I just loaded up Kanotix, and found it to be, basically, Knoppix-on-steroids-thats-installable! Yay! .... It works really good. But, I just fired up KPackage, ran the APT-Update, and whatnot, and it went all good. But, no matter what I try and install, I get this (in this case I tried to install a screensaver)

    <ibvorbis0a' 'libvorbisenc2' 'libvorbisfile3' ;echo RESULT=$?
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Suggested packages:
      fam libqt3-mt-psql libqt3-mt-mysql libqt3-mt-odbc
    Recommended packages:
      libarts1-akode jackd libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1 libglu1-mesa libglu1
      ktux libavahi-qt3-1 liblua50 liblualib50
      kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4c2a libarts1c2a libartsc0
    libjack0.100.0-0
      libogg0 libqt3-mt libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3
    11 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 871 not upgraded.
    Need to get 23.1MB of archives.
    After unpacking 3626kB of additional disk space will be used.
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
      libartsc0 libjack0.100.0-0 libogg0 libqt3-mt libvorbis0a
    libvorbisenc2
      libvorbisfile3 libarts1c2a libavahi-qt3-1 liblua50 liblualib50
    kdelibs4c2a
      kdelibs-data kdelibs-bin ktux
    E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
    RESULT=100
Now, I've tried checking options on the left, but it didn't help it still fails like that within a matter of seconds. But, if I goto a terminal, do "apt-get install thecoolscreensaverthatiforgotthenameof" and it works, yet I get this prompt

    root@BROWN1:/home/mbrown# apt-get install xscreensaver
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Suggested packages:
      xfishtank xdaliclock xscreensaver-gl fortune qcam streamer
    Recommended packages:
      xli miscfiles wordlist
      xscreensaver
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 882 not upgraded.
    Need to get 3919kB of archives.
    After unpacking 10.3MB of additional disk space will be used.
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
      xscreensaver
    Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
    Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main xscreensaver 4.24-4
    [3919kB]
    Fetched 3919kB in 1m4s (60.3kB/s)
    debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is
    locked by another process
    Selecting previously deselected package xscreensaver.
    (Reading database ... 105745 files and directories currently
    installed.)
    Unpacking xscreensaver (from .../xscreensaver_4.24-4_i386.deb) ...
    Setting up xscreensaver (4.24-4) ...

    root@BROWN1:/home/mbrown#

So, if I do it from a terminal, and manually push "y" at that prompt then it works.

Can someone help me straighten out my KPackage?

--
Stephen Samuel +1(778)861-7641             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/