Knoppix 5.0 and ATI X200M videocards

Hi,

Although fairly experienced in the technical IT field,
I'm pretty new to this Linux stuff. My research showed
that Knoppix would be a great place to start.

Received my Knoppix 5.0 DVD yesterday (too long to
download with my dial-up connection).

Tried running it with my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite
M50 and it works quite well. The only issue seems to
be with the integrated video chipset, an ATI X200M.

During the boot sequence, the video diagnostics does
recognize an ATI videocard but can't identify which
model. Had to use "knoppix xmodule=vesa" at the prompt
to get in.

Using Knoppix from the DVD, can I upgrade the
videodrivers? Is there another command I should use
instead of the "vesa" default?

Regards,
Yannick

Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?