Re: Add instructions to terminal server?

Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2006 11:13 schrieb Michael Creel:
> I'm trying to make parallelknoppix
> (http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix) work using an unmodified
> knoppix 4.0.2 CD, along with a persistant image file. Everything works,
> except I need the slave nodes that are PXE booted using the terminal
> server to mount the home directory that is NFS exported from the master
> node. That is, the slave nodes need to execute the instruction "mount
> 192.168.0.1:/home /home". If I include this line in a knoppix.sh file in
> /cdrom/KNOPPIX on a remastered CD, it works. But I would like to make it
> work directly from an unmodified Knoppix CD. Any ideas?
> Thanks, Michael

Easy idea:

Put /cdrom onto UnionFS Ramdisk and change it.

mkdir /ramdisk/cdrom
mount -t unionfs -o dirs=/ramdisk/cdrom:/cdrom none 	/cdrom # note that that
works, but would be better to use another mount point, but hat would need
changes to knoppix-terminalserver.

Put your knoppix.sh to the (now writable) /cdrom/KNOPPIX and be happy.
(Hopefully the knoppix unionfs snapshot works properly with NFS, which I
dunno at the moment)

cu

Fabian