Re: [debian-knoppix] fromhd & home persistant image choice

Jody a écrit :

Hi,

I'm using knoppix fromhd with grub as bootloader on some machines.

It seems that fromhd needs to be the first parameter to work.

It works fine on the first machine, but can't access KNOPPIX filesystem on
the other:
I've made: knoppix tohd=/dev/hda2 , it boots well, I can eject cdrom, but
can't get booting directly with grub or with cdrom after reboot, this partition has reiserfs filesystem
Boot can't find knoppix image ^^

I can't understand why it can't find Knoppix image ? how could I "debug" it ?

Well bootfrom parameters seems to work well :) is someone could explain which difference
there is between fromhd and bootfrom ?

Jody