4.0.2: Printer, saving, fonts problems

With 3.7 my HP 1012 printer worked perfectly. It was even identified
on the right port before being chosen in the list! With 3.9, I had to
reset the printer. With 4.0.2, I receive a message saying the file
has been sent to the printer, the printer light blinks once, and
that's it. lpq says the printer is ready and there is nothing in the
queue. Resetting the printer after configuration doesn't help.

By default, files from the net are supposed to be saved on the
Desktop, but they appear instead in /home/knoppix.

In mode 1280x1024, the URL bar fonts have always been small but since
the introduction of the fabulous "search bar" -- what was wrong
exactly with searching from the URL bar? -- it seems the font size
has still decreased so that more than two words can be entered in the
seach bar, In mode 1600x1200, one might as well attempt to read
Braille, I suppose.

Isn't there any way to set the fonts at a decent size?