Re: Change the login window

Am Freitag, den 19.08.2005, 01:34 -0700 schrieb Nemesis golicha:
> hi guys
> just installed debian on my box through knoppix and am
> having the time of my life, anyway i was wondering if
> there is a way i can change the login window from the
> dull grey default window. i have searched the net for
> any article to no avail.

If you use gdm your login/display manager, I think there is a menu entry
or button somewhere to configure it as well as the command "gdmconfig"
that you can call from a shell.  On the first tab "General" you can
choose the so called "greeter" which can be "standard" or "graphical".
Both can be configured, the graphical one has many themes you can
download.

HTH,
--
Thomas Maier - Research Assistant - University of Kassel, Germany