Re: [debian-knoppix] [module integration]A little asking.

Hi :)

Happy to see you're interested :)

> It seems to compile well with Kernel 2.6. But can you give me a hint if
> additional firmware is needed

No.

> , and which types of cards (i.e. PCI, PCMCIA,
> USB?) are supported?

As far as I know :
PCMCIA : 100% ralink chipsets
PCI : some works. (I don't say some don't work)
USB : don't know.

> I cannot quite read this information out of the
> sourceforge project page. If PCMCIA is supported, I would probably have to
> add a .conf-File.

http://www.bb-zone.com/misc/rt2500/
A regular /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ra0
(interface is ra0 by default)
Nothing in non-writable Knoppix part.

> Do you know some wifi card brands that are supported by that driver, bzw.
> which card do I have to buy in order to test the driver?

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware
http://ralink.rapla.net/

I personnaly have : a MSI CB54G2  (PCMCIA) that works very well with this
driver.

Clear skies,

					JB