[debian-knoppix] SiS Video

Greetings,

Have just installed KNOPPIX to HDD and am having the following problem with XWindows... I have an SiS card which works fine in Debian woody and indeed in the KNOPPIX system when booted from the CD.

When I try to load X from the HDD installation it says:

init_module: No such device
and the other usual stuff

Then insmod whinges that the module failed....

I've even gone as far as to boot from the CD and copy the resultantly generated XF86Config-4 from the "ramdrive" /etc/X11 directory...

Why does it work when booting from the CD but not from the HDD..?? Is there a module difference?

Thanks,

Lloyd. :-)