[debian-knoppix] Lot of thanks to KLAUS KNOPPER and a few questions...

A lot of thanks go to Klaus Knopper who did the best Tux on the CD-wheel !!!

Moron questions:

1. Can I repack a debian package from a HDD instalation (before removing, in case I need it later -as a backup) and not to
reload it from the NET?

2. Why in Knoppix 3.2 "lynx" haven't a config file and refuses to start due to this? (On RedHat I used it with "mc" to read
docs in html fast...).

3. Why on Knoppix distribution isn't a minimal HDD install, then the user if he wants then install the deb packages (big
apps., internationalization files...) ?

4. What is the minimal slim-size CD of a Knoppix -remastered which use only a KDE slim package and only fluxbox as a
secondary window manager in case something goes wrong...)

5. Which is the list of "don't touch" packages when doing a remaster of Knoppix... to obtain something like Feather
distribution... but less than 200 MB and full Knoppix taste ( just to browse the net and get emails from a "slim"-KDE
interface, and if it fit plus xmms and xine).

6. How to keep knoppix user settings for files and desktop when remastering ?

Thanks for reading this,
 Ladislau Balazsi

Proud Linux (Knoppix) user no: 347287

Do you Yahoo!?