Re: [debian-knoppix] Lot of thanks to KLAUS KNOPPER and a few questions...

Am 29. Februar 2004 schrieb Ladislau Balazsi:
> Moron questions: 1. Can I repack a debian package from a HDD
> instalation (before removing, in case I need it later -as a backup)
> and not to reload it from the NET?

Yes and "dpkg-repack" works also on CD-booted Knoppix.

> 2. Why in Knoppix 3.2 "lynx" haven't a config file and refuses to
> start due to this? (On RedHat I used it with "mc" to read docs in html
> fast...).

Which Version of Knoppix 3.2 (release date)?
Perhaps an old bug? Please try an actually one.

> 3. Why on Knoppix distribution isn't a minimal HDD install, then the
> user if he wants then install the deb packages (big apps.,
> internationalization files...) ?

Only way to install Knoppix is copying the whole system from CD to HD.
After that feel free to remove unneeded packages or start with
Mini-Knoppix "Kix". But I don't know if it is still maintained.

Regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Maillimit: 1 MB *