Re: [debian-knoppix] Hijacked email address

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:54:20 -0600
Donn Washburn <n5xwb@hal-pc.org> wrote:

> Hey Groups;
>
> Please note that recently my email address has been hijacked and is
> sending out a Microshaft file.
>
> One is subject ->  Freedom for everyone
> and comes with "babebbb.zip".
>
> I did not send out nor own a machine that even run that sorry OS.
>
> Please delete any .bat, .zip, .exe, .inf and/or .com or any other MS
> executable file that comes from my email address.

Probably courtesy of one of your friends who is addicted to proprietary
stuff that does things like that.

Your situation is one reason why I strongly advocate using disposable
email addresses. Once they get creamed by viruses and/or spam, junk 'em
and use another.

--
CodeRed: An original Microsoft web crawler.