Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Some KNOPPIX glitches

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 07:49, Janusz S. Bień wrote:

> > > Imagine a newbie that has use other Linux and try KNOPPIX,
> > > Somehow he press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to see the console then press Alt+F7 to get
> > > back to X and sees nothing but a blank.
> > > Now he must try all Alt+Fx to find the X :^)
>
> I also vote for X-Windows at 7th console.

Me too :).

> > He could use Alt+CursorRight and Alt+CursorLeft which is much more
> > convenient for switching consoles.
>
> Isn't Alt+F7 more universal? I happen to write this under IceWM and
> Alt+Cursor does quite different thing.

Alt+Cursor and Alt+Fx work as described by Christian when you are
working on a console. When you are on X11 you must press Ctrl+Alt+Fx to
switch to console x. Alt+Fx is processed by X and generates normal key
events.

Regards, Thomas.

--
Thomas Maier <Thomas.Maier@uni-kassel.de>