Re: [debian-knoppix] Some KNOPPIX glitches

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:28:06PM +0100, Christian Perle wrote:
> Hi Zakaria,

[-cut-]
> > 2. Why there is only 4 virtual terminal instead of 6 like other distro?

> Because normally you don't need more? Of course you can edit
> /etc/inittab and run "init q" to get more virtual terminals after booting
> Knoppix.

Well, I already know that :)
What I'm trying to say is what is the benefit of doing that?
I'm kind a iritated when I have to use Alt+F5 in KNOPPIX instead Alt+F7.

Imagine a newbie that has use other Linux and try KNOPPIX,
Somehow he press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to see the console then press Alt+F7 to get
back to X and sees nothing but a blank.
Now he must try all Alt+Fx to find the X :^)

[-cut-]

> > 4. Given a running KNOPPIX how we determine the version?
> >    Something like /etc/redhat-release or /etc/debian_version
> >    hopefully something like 3.3-2003-11-19

> mkdir -p /mnt/loop
> mount -o loop,ro /cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img /mnt/loop
> cat /mnt/loop/boot.msg
> umount /mnt/loop

Given it's already generated.
Could you make it more accessible? Klaus?

> bye,
>   Chris
> --
> Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
> Grunaer Str. 31                                    http://silmor.de/~chris/
> 01069 Dresden                   LinuxGuitarKitesBicyclesBeerPizzaRaytracing

-- Zakaria
   z4k4ri4@bigfoot.com           Yahoo!: z4k4ri4
   http://zakaria.is-a-geek.org
   http://pemula.linux.or.id