[debian-knoppix] Some KNOPPIX glitches

Hi,

I'm really enjoying using KNOPPIX but it has some small bugs:

1. It can't run lilo from chroot
   # mount /mnt/hda3
   # chroot /mnt/hda3
   # lilo
   Fatal: open /dev/hda: Permission denied

   I try the same command with LNX-BBC and it ran just fine.
   I'll have to copy lilo.conf from /mnt/hda3/etc to /etc
   do some editing and run lilo -s /home

2. Why there is only 4 virtual terminal instead of 6 like other distro?
3. Why we couldn't access KNOPPIX menu from icewm, fluxbox, Window Maker
   and xfwm? (everything but KDE :)

   Speaking of menus, wouldn't it better if we get rid of Programs menus
   in icewm?
   To see what I'm taking about edit /etc/menu-methods/icewm-common
   and change
     genmenu="programs"
     genmenu="menu"

   I think that's how they did it in Mandrake, Morphix and Mepis.

4. Given a running KNOPPIX how we determine the version?
   Something like /etc/redhat-release or /etc/debian_version
   hopefully something like 3.3-2003-11-19

BTW I was running KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN if thats matters :)

Regards,

-- Zakaria
   z4k4ri4@bigfoot.com           Yahoo!: z4k4ri4
   http://zakaria.is-a-geek.org