Re: [debian-knoppix] KNOPPIX boots on UserModeLinux from Web Browser

Dear,

I posted the performance graph of UML-KNOPPIX-SFS on our HP. Please
check.
    http://unit.aist.go.jp/it/knoppix/uml/sfs/index-en.html#performance

We measure the boot time and read data of Desktop manager (KDE, XFce,
icewm, twm, fluxbox) on UML-KNOPPIX-SFS.

>From this result KDE could boot in 100 second and 50M read data.  twm
could boot in 60 second and 30M read data.

This is faster than CD boot, because of wide network bandwidth(1G
Ether).  But the performance is not so different on 100M ether,
because the send data is compressed.

  Kuniyasu SUZAKI,
  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology,
  Tsukuba Central 2, Umezono 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, JAPAN