[debian-knoppix] time setting on KNOPPIX-2004-02-09

I just booted the new knoppix with lang=us and WITHOUT utc.

My hardware clock is set to UTC.  I expected that without
the utc boot parameter, the time setting would be the same
as the hardware clock (i.e. UTC), but instead I get UTC-6:00.

Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood something?

Alsa gave some warnings that I had not seen in previous
Knoppix editions, but it works nevertheless.

Conrad