Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: upgrade 3.4

On February 9, 2004 04:43 am, David Baron wrote:
> Hope to see a way of doing this without redoing HD-install from
> scratch.
>
> BTW, KDE3.2 has been having a lot of problems as evident by postings
> on the KDE mailing lists. Best to avoid it for now. Many 3.1.5 things
> are on the apt-get upgrade and new listing but they will not install
> because the supporting libraries are still 3.1.4.

Try apt-get -s install -t unstable the_kde_packages_to_be_installed
libasound2 libkonq4 . If it starts to complain about missing packages
add them to the end of the line and then remove the -s to actually
install when everything looks good. What problems are there supposed to
be with 3.2 I have been using it since about the start of the year and
other than Konqueror seg faulting sometimes when I used the release
candidates everything has worked fine for me and now that I'm running
the final release I have had no problems at all.

--
May the source be with you!

Stephen Cormier