Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix's got a driver for HP 1012?

>From John Culleton on Saturday, 2004-12-18 at 18:33:39 -0500:
>
> OK I have a big hairy Ricoh that does  both PostScript and PCL. Under
> Slackware I fire up apsfilter to set it up. What's the deal with Knoppix/KDE?
> I click on the penguin and get to a screen that is supposed to set up the
> printer but my choices are FAX, print to pdf file and so on. How do I add
> just my standard /dev/lp0 printer? And where is /etc/printcap hiding?

I just ran into this same problem a few days ago.

After a few minutes of confusion, I realized that you can RIGHT-click on
the region with the fax/print to pdf/etc icons, and only then do you get
the option of setting up the printer---what a useability gaffe!

This change seems to have occured between KDE 3.2 and KDE 3.3.

Conrad