Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix's got a driver for HP 1012?

On Saturday 18 December 2004 18:07, GP wrote:
> Le 17 Décembre 2004 17:07, GP a écrit :
> > HP contends that their 1012 model is not supported by Linux and
> > linuxprinting comments are not very encouraging. So, I was surprised that
> > Knoppix offers a driver for it. What's that driver exactly?
>
> Sorry folks. Next screen gave the answer: the recommanded one is the hpijs,
> the one that linuxprinting says might cause problems.
>
> What a pain it is to choose a cheap laser printer for Linux! Postscript
> should be declared mandatory :)
>
> GP
OK I have a big hairy Ricoh that does  both PostScript and PCL. Under
Slackware I fire up apsfilter to set it up. What's the deal with Knoppix/KDE?
I click on the penguin and get to a screen that is supposed to set up the
printer but my choices are FAX, print to pdf file and so on. How do I add
just my standard /dev/lp0 printer? And where is /etc/printcap hiding?

--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: