Knoppix's got a driver for HP 1012?

I was considering buying one of those 3 printers:

Lexmark E232
Samsung HL-1740
Hewlett-Packard 1012

The Lexmark seemed the most promising. It's got PCL6 and Postscript, though I
read somewhere Postscript was only for the Mac.

But many people discouraged me from buying it, saying that the quality was
only so-so, toner was expensive, parts hard to get, etc. And the shit icing
on the cake was when Lexmark told me they would provide support only for Bed
Rat and Suse. Slackware or Debian? Forget it! Those people are dealing
corporate. The printer is not listed at linuxprinting.org and doesn't appear
on the Knoppix printer list.

Apparently you can throw any Linux at the Samsung 1740, but it uses a
proprietary language and is not listed by Knoppix. It doesn't appear either
at Linuxprinting.org.

HP contends that their 1012 model is not supported by Linux and linuxprinting
comments are not very encouraging. So, I was surprised that Knoppox offers a
driver for it. What's that driver exactly? Is it really foolproof? No
"Unsupported Personality: PCL" messages? Cf.:
http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1012

Does anybody have suggestion for a ghostscript printer in those prices?

GP