Re: [debian-knoppix] what are the plans to make Knoppix FHS 2.3 compliant - like Debian, etc

Selon "Stephen Samuel (leave the email alone)" <samnospam@bcgreen.com>:

> AKL. Mantas Kriauciunas wrote:
>
> > Most popular Linux distros - new versions of Debian (Sarge - testing and
> > Sid - unstable, Ubuntu, Fedora Core 3, Suse 9.x and others) are FHS
> > (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) version 2.3 compliant and use /media
> > folder for mounting removable drives like described in standard:
> > http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#MEDIAMOUNTPOINT
>
> The easiest way to make it compliant would be to add a symlink(s)
> from /mnt to /media

If I do have understood the document, /mnt should not be a list of mountpoint
but only a temporary mount point... so the symlink(s) will not feat to the FHS
2.3
But then I do not know what to do with disc partition (they are not
removable...)

But I have seen that at the beginning, /media/* is in the search path for the
KNOPPIX directory... (hope I'm not wrong on this point)

Sincerely
--
Frédéric AUPEPIN
Président de l'association Linucie : http://linucie.net