Re: [debian-knoppix] cloop from srcatch using debootstrap & knoppix debs

Le dim 25/07/2004 à 18:56, Fabian Franz a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, 25. Juli 2004 18:02 schrieb mammique:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to create a minimal knoppix system (to compress into a
> > cloop) using debootstrap & knoppix debs :
>
> Yes,
>
> since yesterday ;-) there is:
>
> It is still experimental and won't install X:
>
> Second: I won't take any warranty for any damage caused by this scripts. Use
> them with caution on your own risk.
>
> - Download all files in http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/debian/knoppify/
> - Extract the templates in the same dir
> - Make a new partition say /dev/hda8 (at least 6 GB should do), mount it to
> say mount /dev/hda8 /mnt/hda8 and debootstrap a basic debian to it
> (debootstrap sarge /mnt/hda8), run base-config
>
> - Change templates/ files to suit your needs (resolv.conf, fstab,
> sources.list)
> - Run ./knoppify.sh /mnt/hda8
>
> - Download master.iso from
> http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/debian/sarge-live-base/master.iso

I don't really understand this step... Why downloading this iso file ?
The goal is to produce an iso file, isn't it ?

BTW, did you began to code miniroot ? If no don't make it, tell me &
i'll do it. I look at my code & at yours, it should be easy.

> - mount -o loop master.iso /mnt
> - mkdir /mnt/hda8/KNOPPIX.build/master
> - cp -a /mnt/* /mnt/hda8/KNOPPIX.build/master/
> - umount /mnt
>
> Now chroot into /mnt/hda8
>
> /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed /KNOPPIX.build/mas

[...]