Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Another problem with keyboard in OOo - Knopper and "nodeadkeys"

baldyeti wrote:

As already reported in reply to a previous post by Gilles,
the same problem occurs with a belgian keyboard:
composed characters don't work in OOo, even though they
are perfectly usable with other X apps - and with the
official debian OOo package.

See here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7066
and here http://kanotix.mipooh.net/viewtopic.php?t=171

Kano's reply seem to indicate that knoppix has its own,
more compact packaging of OOo for space reasons, but it
would be interesting then to document what's missing when
comparing to official releases, and to try and and address
this side-effect with some accented characters...

Further investigation showed that it seems to be related with the use of the "de-latin1-nodeadkeys" layout for keytables. Knopper uses it to autoconfigure not only knoppix (as seen in "knoppix-autoconfig") but also in his german-english modified OpenOffice.

Would it be possible for him to configure the german keyboard in any other way in order to avoid the OOo "nodeadkeys" effect?
That way the deadkeys-based languages would also work right from the CD.

Also, I would like to contribute portuguese localization strings that I've using for the "knoppix-autoconfig" script, but I do not know where to send them.

plasticdoc