Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: XFCE and k-board

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 03:48 pm, rhein wrote:

> Now I have a different problem...
> I'm certain this easy for you but since I'm a newbie to
> linux... I want my son to use knoppix and he needs french
> canadian k-board. When he logs in he has to setup every
> time the k-board setup because he is not root.
> How can he make that permanent under xfce?
> I did it under root but I could not make it work under
> user. Thanks
> Christophe

In the directory /etc/sysconfig there is a file "keyboard."
I would edit it  and ask for keyboard "fr" on each line. I
do not know if Canadian French is different enough to have
a different keyboard from the European variety.

On the xfce screen proper, there is an icon (looks like a
toolbox) for settings, and in it is a setting for keyboard.

HTH
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers