Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Another problem with keyboard in OOo

Le 2 Juin 2004 13:24, baldyeti a écrit :

> composed characters don't work in OOo

«Composed» seems to be the key word.

i just got my CA_enhanced keyboard out of the basement and, in OOo, I can't
produce èàç, which I can produce with the CA keyboard because, with this
keyboard, those letters are not "composed", but produced with only one key.

Even more interesting is the case of the  ~ with the CA keyboard. Normally, if
I press the (right) ALT + ~ , then n, I get ñ . If I press ALT + ~  twice, I
get ~ But those characters do not appear in OOo in Knoppix becasue they are
composed.

But, I can also get a ~ by pressing the (right) CTRL + ~ key and obtain a ~ in
one stroke. (I don't have to press twice as with ALT.) In this case, the
tilde appears in OOo because it is not composed.

So it is a problem with composed characters.

> Kano's reply seem to indicate that knoppix has its own,
> more compact packaging of OOo for space reasons, but it
> would be interesting then to document what's missing when
> comparing to official releases, and to try and and address
> this side-effect with some accented characters...

Maybe OOo has its own module for composing characters that has been left out?
(Sorry if I'm completely out of whack. This is only a wild guess.) Are
characters with tilde and diaeresis also composed in german?

GP