[debian-knoppix] Calling ISPs with KPPP and WVdial no good, maybe thru WINE?

I have noticed Knoppix 3.4 has WINE on one of its menus.  Maybe if I could setup WINE, it could dial-in to my ISPs via their Windows dialup and login software?  Once dialup-networking is established, Konqueror and/or Monzilla might pick it up and be able to work?

Or should I just get a wifi card, and hope Knoppix 3.4 recognises the card and sets up for it?  What are the names of some wifi cards known to work with Knoppix 3.3 or 3.4?

I am getting very discouraged by not being able to make any practical use of Live CD Linux.  Its looking more and more like its just a toy...