Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Problem writing sone charaters with OO

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:34:49PM -0400, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> Le May 19, 2004 06:42 am, vous avez écrit:
> > Because you ask, I for my part can enter umlauts via keyboard without
> > problems, but in case your keyboard lacks the necssary keys,
> I don't lack any key. I can produce all the characters I want even in Kwrite.
> On my Slack system, I get all the characters I want, even with XFCE.
> I just installed OO on my Slack system and encountered no problem at all. The
> problem is now definitely Knoppix specific.

So, what happens if you press the Ä or ¤ key on your keyboard, do you
get an Ä or ¤, or a different character, or nothing at all? If so, you
should maybe set the locale of OpenOffice to the appropriate language. I
believe this can be done in openoffice's settings somewhere.

-Klaus Knopper