Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Problem writing sone charaters with OO

On May 15, 2004 06:24 am, baldyeti wrote:

> > Is this problem Knoppix specific? (I don't use OO with Slackware.)
>
> I'm afraid it is !-(
>
> See here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7066
> and here http://kanotix.mipooh.net/viewtopic.php?t=171
>
>  > Is there any way around it?
>
> For a HD install, try apt-getting OOo from an official debian pool.

I'm not planning to do a HD install, so I'll hope this will be fixed for next
release. I'm very surprised that there are so few references about this
problem. AFAIK, German people also use umlaut and tilde are often used in
URLs!

Also, my time is not set correctly. It's the first time I ever encounter
problems with Knoppix. And again, it seems I'm the only one... I don't
understand what's going on.

Klaus?

GP