Re: [debian-knoppix] can't find knoppix filesystem

Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:

On Chahar shanbe 30 Ordibehesht 1383 10:45, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
Hi all,
This is discussed in the forum already but I could not find anything useful
there. I remastered knoppix but trying to boot from gives me the above
error message :"can't find knoppix filesystem" and dropping me to a very
limited shell!
I did the procedure several times and write severals CDs but same same! The
only strange thing that's happening is the mkisofs complaining about long
names and warns that he renamed them. I tried -joliet-long but no use. Can
it be related to the filesystem problem? How can I solve this one?

Could anybody help me please ?
sorry some other clue :
( difference is in isolinux path)
if i make the iso image with :
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /knx/knx/knoppix.iso /knx/knx/master
mkisofs says "Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!"
if I try :
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b KNOPPIX/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c KNOPPIX/boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /knx/knx/knoppix.iso /knx/knx/master the system could not find the kernel image
and if I try :

mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /knx/knx/knoppix.iso /knx/knx/master/KNOPPIX everything goes fine but I am reaching to the above error message "can't find knoppix file system"

Try moving isolinux to the root of the CD.