Re: [debian-knoppix] can't find knoppix filesystem

On Chahar shanbe 30 Ordibehesht 1383 10:45, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> Hi all,
> This is discussed in the forum already but I could not find anything useful
> there. I remastered knoppix but trying to boot from gives me the above
> error message :"can't find knoppix filesystem" and dropping me to a very
> limited shell!
> I did the procedure several times and write severals CDs but same same! The
> only strange thing that's happening is the mkisofs complaining about long
> names and warns that he renamed them. I tried -joliet-long but no use. Can
> it be related to the filesystem problem? How can I solve this one?
>
> Could anybody help me please ?
sorry some other clue :
( difference is in isolinux path)
if i make the iso image with :
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
-boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat
-hide-rr-moved -o /knx/knx/knoppix.iso /knx/knx/master
mkisofs says "Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!"
if I try :
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
-boot-info-table -b KNOPPIX/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
KNOPPIX/boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved
-o /knx/knx/knoppix.iso /knx/knx/master
the system could not find the kernel image

and if I try :

mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
-boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat
-hide-rr-moved -o /knx/knx/knoppix.iso /knx/knx/master/KNOPPIX
everything goes fine but I am reaching to the above error message "can't find
knoppix file system"

--
Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs.
					-- Alfred Hitchcock