Re: [debian-knoppix] Remastered ISO 20 Mb larger, maybe cloop 2.01-3?

Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2004 09:51 schrieb Roberto Marchioro:
> Hi,
> I have a problem when remastering Knoppix 3.4: the new ISO is 20 Mb
> larger than the original even if I didn't made any changes to the
> decompressed Knoppix!

That no problem of cloop, but of the compressor.

The new one is included though ...

So using the create_compressed_fs from the 3.4 will work.

It has a new option -b = best, which enables the best compression by using
different compression schemes and tries to optimize that way...

But be careful! That option is slow (10x slower iirc).

cu

Fabian

PS: If that information was helpful to you, please add it to the Knoppix.net
Docs - Wiki.