[debian-knoppix] ash in miniroot.gz

In miniroot.gz contained inside boot.img, what is /static/ash? It doesnt
seem to be a busybox binary, or is it?

Im trying to generate a working insmod that loads 2.6 modules with
busybox but cant seem to get syslinux to boot off my miniroot.

The error i get is

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
CVS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(3,1)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,1)

I think it may be that syslinux doesnt support the init busybox is

Everything loads fine when using the default /static/ash. Ive also
created /busybox, thrown in my busybox binary and set $PATH in linuxrc
to /static:/busybox but cant seem to execute anything in /busybox.

Any suggestions folks?

Rene Cunningham
DCLabs Pty Ltd
There is no statute of limitations on stupidity.