Re: [debian-knoppix] get the sources

--- Klaus KnKnopperknknopperilinuxtagrorgwrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:57:21PM -0800, mark
>
> *sigh*
>
> Following the GPGPLiterally (if you are a lawyer,
> for example) you can
> only get the matching sources from the vendor who
> gave you the binaries,
> for sure. Literally taken. Of course I plan to
> upload the offline
> sources to the LiLinuxTagerver anyways, as soon as
> my time allows, but
> currently I'm too busy with CeCeBitreparations (I'll
> be in HaHannover> starting from now).

I am no lalawyernd I surly don't want to put
prpressuren you to upload the sources. Do it whenever
you want.
The whole thing for me is that I remaster for myself a
copy of knknoppixor personal use. And I been hearing
some good words for 3.4
It's like smelling good food when you are hungry. And
if everyone is telling you how good it is, well you
start asking " is it done yet" ?

> So, again, the 3.4 sources from me will be out when
> the 3.4 release is
> officially out, and this is after CeCeBit004.

"Is it done yet" :)

> If you ask the c'c'tagazine, where you might have
> gotten the 3.4
> prprereleasepecial edition, about the sources, they
> will still route
> your request to me, and you still won't get them any
> faster than it is
> possible for me.

CeCebits time consuming. I can understand that

> For some packages like clcloop.01 (which compiles
> and runs with Kernel
> 2.6.3), I already uploaded the sources on urgent
> requests by developers.
> But please have some patience with the few other
> files, because I will
> have to update the source file list and some scripts
> first in order to
> not forget anything important.
>

> The CeCeBitdition contains some PDPDFsnamely the
> articles in c'c't4/04)
> that are (C) c'c'tand also, since it is a special
> edition for LiLinuxTag> and CeCeBitith an "unusual"
sosofwareollection
> (evolution is in, latex
> is out) I don't want to upload it to any mirrors in
> order to avoid
> coconfisionAlso, there is no default enenglishooting
> image available
> yet. I have not even tested if an -EN.isisoould work
> yet. Probably not,
> because the booting method has changed (sysyslinux>
> isisolinux

Still more waiting...

> I plan to have a look into the newer (and hopefully
> more stable) KDKDE> 3.2.1 and xfxfreeeDebianackages,
so there may be
> quite some changes
> between CeCeBitnd the appearance of a 3.4 download
> version on the
> mirrors. If you are very impatient, you will just
> have to come visit the
> LiLinuxTagooth at CeCeBit;-)
>
> > What if I want to buy a copy of  the cecebitdition
> ?
>
> You can get them for free at CeCeBitIn limited
> quantities, of course.
> ;-)

If I could I would be there. but...

> They will not be sold (except maybe on EbEbayfrom
> people who got one at
> CeCeBit
>
> > Don't want to make to many questions :)
> > Sorry
> > Would be nice though If these got answered, I
> think
> > many people have these
>
> Not so many people, except for lawyers and very very
> few developers, ask
> for a source prprereleaseefore the product is even
> out, these days. ;-)

I exexplainedhy I wanted it, I hope you did not get me wrong.