Re: [debian-knoppix] Now I got a virus - Ein alte AMI needs help!

>From Achim Unger on Saturday, 2004-03-13 at 15:25:46 +0100:
> Hallo,
>
> I guess steffen.grunewald@aei.mpg.de is in trouble? At least i just
> received a Readme.pif from management@ing-buero-unger.de, but it was
> faked. This address does not exist, but the Return-path is set to
> steffens address! How is this possible? He is using Mutt and not
> Outlook!
>
> I strongly assume it has to to with our addresses in the knoppix mailing
> list? Have others received strange mails from members of the mailinglist
> as Return-path?

Yes.  It is probably a variant of Doom, that spoofs the return address.
I have been getting a lot of virus e-mail from "Conrad Newton" (that's me),
even though I  only use mutt/Linux.  Don't trust the listed return address.

I have not yet received any such messages connected with this list,
but I have gotten many in connection with the baltix-knoppix mailing
list.  It sounds like I can expect some now from this list, too.

Conrad