Re: [debian-knoppix] Ein alte AMI needs help!

Hallo B.,

> Is there anyone who can help me get Knoppix installed on my computer?

No problem, the people on this list are very friendly in general, but
you have to describe your problem (by giving the exact error message,
even if it is "My screen goes black, I don't see anything")!

1) knoppix must run from CD. If it does not, it will not run from hd
(well at least in most cases)!
2) start the knoppix-installer or knx-hdinst depending on your version
and answer the questions

TIP) If you are not familiar with partitions or you do not want to
jeopardise your actual system use a new HD ;-)

Greetings

Achim

> I have tried several hours each day for more than a week, and still
> can not get it to work.
>
> Sehr vielen dank!!!!
>
> David Dunbar
>
> NOTE:  Replies to this address MUST be in ASCII TEXT only!
> No HTML, no MIME, no ASP, no Micro$oft.DOC format, no EML, no
> attachments! Only ASCII TEXT.... thank you!

I n g e n i e u r b ü r o   H A U
H a n s - A c h i m     U n g e r
eMail    :     Achim.Unger@web.de
Homepage : www.Ing-Buero-Unger.de