Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: usb problem with kernel 2.6

Le Samedi 6 Mars 2004 21:12, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Toni Gayà wrote:
>
> > mount: /dev/sda1: no se puede leer el superbloque
> > (in english: it is not possible to read super-block)
> This does not seem to be a Knoppix Problem.  The same occures
> on my box with self builded 2.6.3.  USB stick works if you
> insert it at boot time.  If you remove it or put it in
> after boot time this error occurs in the best case.  In
> the worst case the mount process stays and can not be
> removed (neither by kill -9 nor even reboot - I had to
> switch off the box ...).

I had pb with initialising USB, and it get solved by an acpi patch !
only one usb plug was working, and 2 didnt.
A friend explained me it was probably a power pb for
initialisation of devices. I dont know if that magic will work
for other people ;), but you can try it.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/

I had tested it with 2.4.25 and 2.6.4-rc1, both
with acpi on  works fine now (even the power management)

my 2 cents

kind regards
Alain