[debian-knoppix] Re:Creating partitions

On Friday 05 March 2004 12:00, debian-knoppix-request@linuxtag.org wrote:
> just downloaded knoppix and ive been snooping around for a bit trying to
> get my bearings (im a linux n00b). Was just wondering, does anyone know if
> i can create a linux partition on my HD when ive already got two NTFS
> partitions on it? i don't want to corrupt the NTFS partitions as i want to
> keep windoze for a while.

If you have contiguous unused (unallocated) space at the end of the disk,
probably Knoppix itself can do it on install. If you want/need to change or
move your present partitions, there is no better way the ParitionMagic. Yes,
it costs as much as a new HD but you will use it with the new HD as well.
There are free alternatives but they are too scarey for my taste. PM does the
job and is sage (but ... back up beforehand always!).

With ParitionMagic comes BootMagic which will handle your dual-boot as well.
However, read the instructions carefully.