[debian-knoppix] Re: Some KNOPPIX glitches

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004  Christian Perle <chris@linuxinfotag.de> wrote:

> Hi Zakaria,
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 19:04:37 +0700, Zakaria wrote:
>
> > Well, I already know that :)
> > What I'm trying to say is what is the benefit of doing that?
>
> Less memory consumption.

How big is the difference?

> > Imagine a newbie that has use other Linux and try KNOPPIX,
> > Somehow he press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to see the console then press Alt+F7 to get
> > back to X and sees nothing but a blank.
> > Now he must try all Alt+Fx to find the X :^)

I also vote for X-Windows at 7th console.

> He could use Alt+CursorRight and Alt+CursorLeft which is much more
> convenient for switching consoles.

Isn't Alt+F7 more universal? I happen to write this under IceWM and
Alt+Cursor does quite different thing.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)