Re: [debian-knoppix] Some KNOPPIX glitches

Hi Zakaria,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 19:04:37 +0700, Zakaria wrote:

> Well, I already know that :)
> What I'm trying to say is what is the benefit of doing that?

Less memory consumption.

> Imagine a newbie that has use other Linux and try KNOPPIX,
> Somehow he press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to see the console then press Alt+F7 to get
> back to X and sees nothing but a blank.
> Now he must try all Alt+Fx to find the X :^)

He could use Alt+CursorRight and Alt+CursorLeft which is much more
convenient for switching consoles.

> > mkdir -p /mnt/loop
> > mount -o loop,ro /cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img /mnt/loop
> > cat /mnt/loop/boot.msg
> > umount /mnt/loop
>
> Given it's already generated.

/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img is always there (as well as boot.msg inside it),
it doesn't need to be generated. Are you talking about a strange remaster
or original Knoppix?

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
Grunaer Str. 31                                    http://silmor.de/~chris/