Re: [debian-knoppix] Next Knoppix: what's to be expected

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 01:20:16PM -0600, Bill Eastman wrote:
> When's the magazine come out?  Once the magazine is out, will the new
> version of Knoppix be able to be on the servers, or did Klaus tell the
> magazine that they would be the only source of it for ??? days (weeks,
> months)?
>
> Bill

The first public version of KNOPPIX 3.4 will be announced and
distributed (if everything goes well) at CeBit 2004
(http://www.cebit.de/), and also be available for download shortly
afterwards.

The private edition in a german computer magazine is independent
thereof.

I'm still doing an update of the current 3.3 version, but have been
waiting for the XFS patch for Kernel 2.4.24 for quite a while without
success (it's still not there on
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/patches/2.4.24, anybody happens to know
why it is delayed?). Now KDE 3.1.5 is slowly entering Debian/unstable,
and I will probably include it in the 3.3 update as well, so please
allow me some more time for the update.