Re: [debian-knoppix] Next Knoppix: what's to be expected

There wasn't much info given to me, and I can not attest to the validity of this either. All I know is the source was a very trusted source, and Klaus is apparently very tight lipped about the whole situation. All I could gather was that the version is ready to go, but this magazine has first dibs. I wish I knew if it were true or not, but I am excited.

I look at it like this. If a magazine wants this realease, there must be some new stuff to talk about in the distro. Hopefully the magazine will give a good review, and go in depth so people like us can understand the love we have for this distro.

nick

Bill Eastman wrote:

When's the magazine come out? Once the magazine is out, will the new version of Knoppix be able to be on the servers, or did Klaus tell the magazine that they would be the only source of it for ??? days (weeks, months)?

Bill

Nicholas Vettese wrote:

There is a new version of Knoppix, but the problem is Klaus signed an agreement with a magazine to let them be the first ones with it. From what I heard, it has the new 2.6 kernel and a few new features. I am definitely looking forward to this, because I have 3.2 installed, and it is getting slow.
Nick