Re: [debian-knoppix] Next Knoppix: what's to be expected

Am Samstag, 24. Januar 2004 04:34 schrieb Gilles Pelletier:
> Rarely, if ever, has there been such a long time between two releases of
> Knoppix. Is a major move to be expected or will it be upgrades as usual ?

Let yourself be surprised ;-)

> To Fabian Franz. Of special interest to me because I should soon start to
> write a Linux tutorial for the complete beginner, either for Knoppix or
> Slackware, what will the new installer look like?

- The new installer is "knoppix-installer", which was already on 3.3.

We can discuss the GUI-design sure :-).

> Will it be possible to
> create /home, /usr, /whatever partitions before installing?

Still experimental, so just in .knofig-file possible ... (with HD_MAP as
written in certain tutorials)

> Will there
> still be a root_old (or whatever it's called) directory ?

???

cu

Fabian