[debian-knoppix] NTFS writing

ummm... no response. why?

Okay. it is better to take an action to solve this than blaming others.

probably you dont understand these merits. right?

with 1, you get these stuff.
   - booting from NTFS. no need to modify partitions.
   - compressed. it just needs about 700MB HDD space.
   - very fast install. it takes about less than 5 minutes if using x32 CDROM drive.

with 2,
   - you can write NTFS virtually.
   - you can save your configuration to HDD. not to FDD.
   - you can do "copy and paste" with Windows,
     if you put up with rebooting ;-).
   - the size and number of virtual FDD is optional.
     you can create 10 pieces of "Virtual ZIP/MO.".

you have any suggestions/comments?

                    Kind Regards, Okajima, Jun.

------
I posted this message a week ago.
but no response.
give me any suggestion.
               --- Okajima.

------
Hello Great Hackers.

It is very glad that Knopper seems to decide using "captive" for KNOPPIX.

We had been developing same thing.
What we did are basically two things.

  1.   booting KNOPPIX with c:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX.iso on NTFS partition.
  2.   writing "Virtual FDD" on NTFS partition.

For 1, You would need no explanation.
It was easily done with loop back mount.
Only tips are using NTFS driver 2.x.
NTFS driver 1.x does not support loop back function.

For 2, we used same way.
We made 1.44MB file on NTFS by native Windows
and did mount it with loop back.
By using VFAT format, it can be mounted from Windows by FILEDISK.exe

Of course, what we have done is just a very alpha level trial
and it needs more improvement if you want to use it practically.

We will add this function to KNOPPIX someday,
Even Knopper seems to add better way.
And we want any suggestion from you.
Is it really useful?
Isn't there any other (and better) way to do same thing?

             Best Regards, Okajima, Jun.
                President, Digital Infra, Inc. Tokyo.