Re: [debian-knoppix] How to set i18n on KDE

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:25:19 +0700 (ICT)
Chanin Luangingkasut <chanin@buraphalinux.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> 	I have a stupid problem. Now I want to set default language on
> kde, and I 've been to configuring in file
> /etc/skel/shere/config/kdeglobals but when I remastering default user
> cannot copy that file to home directory. Please let me know for this
> problem.

Well, first of all, I think you mean:

  /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

Perhaps you accidentally changed permission levels. Make sure it is set
to 644.

bob@sonic:~> ls -l /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root   6589 Mar 23  2003
/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

If you think you damaged the actual file kdeglobals (and you didn't back
it up before editing), you could boot the Knoppix CD and copy the file
over to the hard drive.

best regards,
Robert