[debian-knoppix] Cleanup after hard disk install.

I transferred Knoppix 3.3 to a hard disk and successfully booted
it. Now I need some assistance with cleanup. I need:
1. English keyboard rather than GErman.
2. English KDE menus etc. rather than German
3. Normal user name capability (e.g., sign on as root.)

I normally use Slackware so I am a bit lost. Can anyone help?

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers